Savings accounts and term deposits have stopped working for most kiwis – just ‘saving’ for your future is no longer possible.
The wealth of New Zealanders who are using savings accounts or term deposits is going backwards at an accelerating rate. New Zealanders currently have $250B invested in these products, and in today’s low-interest-rate environment, savings and term deposits are losing value vs. inflation every day.
With interest rates expected to remain historically low for the next 5–10 years at least, this problem is here to stay and will grow.
In New Zealand we've realised:
- Investments seem risky for most while saving feels familiar and safe.
- Getting trusted, professional advice with under $500k to invest is hard.
- Options available to kiwis are limited and are complicated to access.
Kernel provides a simple, safe, and supportive platform that helps Kiwis build long-term wealth by getting the fundamentals of successful investing right: we keep fees low; we make it accessible to get started and to regularly invest, and we provide well-diversified investment options which lower the long-term risk for all investors.
We do this by:
- Building proprietary index funds designed for high-efficiency and long-term wealth building.
- Providing a platform and guided journey that supports long-term thinking and the right behaviours for growing your money.
- Financial support and education to grow customers confidence and knowledge.
- Financial calculators and wealth planning tools to start strong with a simple and effective plan.
- A savings (like monthly contribution) and account experience aligned to your goals.